THE 8th BRAZILIAN SYMPOSIUM OF PHARMACOGNOSY and the 1st INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM OF PHARMACOGNOSY, will simultaneously take place at the CANABRAVA RESORT, in Ilhéus - Bahia, from the 18th to the 22th of April, 2012.
Enrolled participants will have the right to:
• Receive a folder containing the schedule of the Congress, at the event;
• Receive a Certificate of Participation in the Congress, at the event;
• Receive a Certificate of Active Presentation of a Paper, at the event;
• Attend (all) the activities in the Congress;
• You can choose ONE course in the registration fee: Extra course of 3 hours payment: U$ 20,00Extra course of 6 hours payment: U$ 40,00
Individual and non-transferable, use mandatory at all Congress activities, as well as for access to and permanence in the local of the event. A 2nd copy will be emitted against payment of 50% of enrollment fee.
• FEES FOR ASSOCIATION
* by Checking Copy
** Member Brazilian Society Pharmacognosy
** Member Brazilian Society Biotechnology
** Member Brazilian Society Chemistry
• INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENROLLMENT AND PRESENTATION OF THE ABSTRACT UNTIL : March 15, 2012
1. Enrollment is individual and untransferable.
2. Enrollment should only be sent by electronic means.
3. An enrollment cannot be cancelled after processing.
4. The value paid as enrollment fee will not be returned.
5. Students should send proof of enrollment by FAX (16) 3236-8600
1. The abstract of a paper should only be sent by electronic means.
2. Send only the abstract of a novel paper (unpublished).
3. The author presenting the paper should be enrolled in the Congress, and, if a member, with the SBFgnosia annuity for 2012 in order. The submission of a paper will only be considered after receipt of the enrollment form, together with the due payment.
4. An author can enroll and present a single paper, while, at the same time being the co-author of other abstracts.
5. Inscribed abstracts will be analyzed by the Scientific Commission of the Symposium, the result being available in the SBFgnosia site, under the name or CPF of the enrollee.
6. The analysis will deal with the following aspects: relevant objectives; clearly defined; adequate methodology; results clearly presented; pertinent conclusions.
7. The quality of the text (grammar, orthography and digital) is the author's responsibility, and will be considered as a criterion for evaluation by the Scientific Commission.
8. Descriptions of projects, working intentions, bibliographical revisions or papers already published, will not be accepted.
9. Enrollments with papers will not be accepted after the March 15, 2012. After this date, forms for the submission of abstracts will be blocked.
10. The selected works should be displayed in panel form, during the 8th Brazilian Symposium of Pharmacognosy and the 1st International Symposium of Pharmacognosy. The area reserved for each panel will be 1mx1m.
11. The abstracts WILL ONLY BE published in English.
WORK WILL ONLY BE PASSED AHEAD FOR EVALUATION, IF THE PAYMENT OF THE SUBMITTER OCCURRED PRIOR TO THE LIMIT DATE FOR THE SENDING IN OF ABSTRACTS: March 15, 2012.
Topic A-1: Pharmacology of natural products and analogues
Topic A-2: Toxicology of natural products and analogues
Topic A-3: Clinical studies
Topic B: Structure elucidation
Topic C-1: Extraction and isolation of natural products
Topic C-2: Formulation and analysis of natural products
Topic D: Natural Products with cosmetic interest
Topic E-1: Botanical
Topic E-2: Natural Products in agrochemical
Topic E-3: Natural Products in the veterinary
Topic F: Traditional medicines/ethnopharmacology
Topic G-1: Synthesis and biosynthesis of natural products
Topic G-2: Drug discovery
Topic G-3: Biotechnology
Topic H: Nutraceuticals
Topic I: Other related topics
MODEL OF ABSTRACT
The number of words (from the introduction to conclusion) should be between 200 and 400 words (counting from “tool” in Word). The files only will be fixed in - DOC - DOCX or PDF. Example of Abstracts
ABSTRACT TITLE (Arial /12 pt/bold/single line spacing/maximum 2 lines) TITLE CONTINUED (if necessary) [One empty line:11 pt]
Author A1, Author B2, Author C1 (Arial/11 pt/italic/presenting author underlined)(author style: Smith AB)
1 Institution corresponding to author(s) 1, address, postal code, country;
2 Institution corresponding to author(s) 2, address, postal code, country (Arial/9 pt/italic/single line spacing)
[One empty line: 11 pt]
Introduction: Text of the abstract including figures, tables and references [1,2,3,...]. (Arial narrow/11 pt/normal/single line spacing/left and right justification). Methods: Method known must be referenced only. DPPH Method . Results and Discussion/Conclusion: accept with conclusion only. Abstracts is not accept if doesn’t have one conclusion, or partial results with conclusion.
Acknowledgements (italic): Institution 1, Institution 2, Person 1. (Arial /9 pt/normal/single line spacing).
References: 1. Author, A. et al. (year) Journal abbreviation Volume:pagination.
2. Author B., Author C (year) Title of the Book. Publisher. Place of publication.
3. Author, D., Author, E. (year) Journal abbreviation Volume:pagination. (Arial /9 pt/normal/single line spacing)
1) Enrollments, by way of NOTE OF EFFORT will be received until January 20, 2012;
2) In order that enrollment be confirmed, the Institution effecting payment should send to the secretary of the event the NOTE OF EFFORT, mentioning the Institute’s name, the person responsible, telephone, e-mail, complete address, and the name(s) of the participant(s), besides filling in the enrollment forms in the site of the event;
3) As an entity without profit aims, the Sociedade Brasileira de Farmacognosia – SBFgnosia is federal tax free, in compliance with Art. 15 of the law 9.532/97. Thus there is no emission of fiscal notes. The documents placed at one’s disposal are: • Receipt in paper with heading and stamp; • Letter of tax deferment; • Card of the CNPJ; • Negative certificate of FGTS.
4) After payment of the note of effort, the paying entity should send proof of payment, by fax (16) 3236-8603 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to debit same in the books;
5) Without there being a Note of Effort, or in the absence of a name on the document previously sent until the stipulated date, in the terms of item 2, the enrollee, when not presenting a paper, should effect the payment at the local secretary when enrolling, in accordance with respective category. When there is the presentation of a paper, the enrollee will send a guaranteed check (THIS CHECK WILL NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE FROM THE SOURCE OF PAYMENT, BUT CAN ALSO BE EMMITTED IN THE ENROLLEE’S OWN NAME), to the value of enrollment, and valid for 30 days after the event, after which, the same will be deposited in the event’s current account.
6) On it being proved that enrollment was paid in double, the total exceeding amount will be refunded by bank deposit up to 30 (thirty) days after termination of the event;
7) Notes of Effort which are not in accordance with the above orientation will not be considered.